Monday, December 7, 2009

OMGLOL #7: Useless Hostel Guards Take The Cake For Joke Of The Day

In life, there are people who make you angry and then there are people who make you even angrier.

Gosh, quotable quote of the day much?



I'm sorry but these particular things, although may seem trivial to readers is actually a huge thing to someone who had to go through something as obnoxious as what I had to go through.

It was basically 5 minutes of speaking with two devils disguised as hostel guards. Seriously.

So the story went like this.

I was supposed to hand over the materials that I had resourced for my team mate on the Physics Semester 2 project to her at her hostel. Unfortunately for her, or more like me, it had been raining all night and the only other alternative was to hand it to the hostel guards for safekeeping.

I'm not sure if 'safekeeping' is even the right term to put in this particular context as I soon begin to realize. So I went up to the two idiots who were callously allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry enter the hostel grounds without proper inspection. They first asked me to write down my friend's particulars after I told them about what I wanted them to do with the items. I began writing down whatever I was required and whilst I was doing so, one of the guards went like "You have to put down her father's name" and I was like going 'WTH' in my head. How is that relevant to what I was doing? Is that even a prerequisite for a safety measure? I shot back at them saying "Why do I have to do that when I have her name?" and they casually retorted "Ok,ok, whatever you want to."


Then as I am starting to have some difficulties putting down all the correct digits on her ID, one of them goes " Could you draw a picture of her just so, you know, we can identify her better?"

That was like honestly the most uneducated thing to ever come out of someone's mouth. How on friggin' earth does he expect me to draw my friend's face? Even if she did look like straight out of a cartoon strip, I think it's pretty damn dumb for such a thing!

I can't blame him though. He is indeed just your typical idiotic security guard who has nothing better to do than to make other's lives miserable. Just to add that pinch of amusement or sick delight he hasn't had in months doing that pathetic job from day to day. I feel sorry for him.

I actually wanted to play along with him when he said "Could you draw a picture of her?"

I was prepared to actually take my sweet time drawing her picture which would've looked something like this.





I bet he would be super eager to see her. Not only is she literally stick thin, she's got no top on and she has the same moustache as he has. The girl of his dreams? Probably so. My friend? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment