Tuesday, December 8, 2009

OMGLOL #8: Black Swan Is Finally Filming & Boys And Their Dirty Fantasy




Photos source: Accidentally Sexy

I just came from reading that the Darren Aronofsky-helmed ballerina thriller has just begun filming (pictures above are from the 1st day on set) and all I can say right now is that I'm only holding my breath for as long as I can until the movie comes out. Even before this, there was already so much hype surrounding the film thanks to the purported 'angry and aggressive' sex scene between the main actors, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. Boy, I don't understand why movies have to satisfy every hetero male's dirty fantasy of seeing two women making out. Mila Kunis' recent eye- rolling at the mention of the scene alone is exactly the response that all women should show as of now. Men everywhere who have suddenly become fans of ballet thrillers and watching girls prance around in their tutus and all are disgusting. You actually see them migrate from the other mainstream action flick boards to the Black Swan IMDb board and concentrating solely on one thread- 'Natalie & Mila's Angry Lesbian Sex Scene!!!' And no, I did not add those exclamations to exaggerate. That is exactly how excited the boys are over that one scene. Hey, Darren, maybe you should just place more emphasis on the sex scene. You can't let the boys down this round. They'd eat you alive!!!!

There was one poster on the thread who made it clear that he was waiting for this one scene and this one scene only. I mean, he had made his life revolve about it.
And I quote him, " If I die before this show comes out, I would soooooo kick up a fuss all the way up to heaven."

Now back to the part where I am excited and it's not because I'm some frenzied voyeuristic fanboy who happens to have the accursed 'tool' and the ever present testosterone. I happen to like it because I read the entire script and I felt that it was better than I had expected. In fact, it drew so much inspiration for me to incorporate some of its dark undertone into my current work. I'm quite frankly excited how the script would materialize onscreen with Darren's direction.

It's also funny how coincidental it seems that I was watching The Brothers Bloom which starred Darren's real life fiance, Rachel Weisz in the same day too. The Brothers Bloom is a riot. I loved the plot, I loved the two child actors in the beginning and I loved Rinko Kikunchi. She was great in Babel but in this role, you see the hilarious side of her. This movie is effing genius. I don't know why my Dad thinks the movie sucks. He said it was because he hated anything to do with 'con jobs'.

That's quite ironic. He condemns con jobs but he condones murders and violence in other movies. The extreme polarity of these two things in which he favors is so unbelievable.

Speaking of movies, I am done with 4 more pages of my script. I know, I know it's going at snail pace. I don't think I'll even be done with 50 pages by the time my vacay is over but give em' hope, man! Plus, I finally lucked out on a new title for it. It sounds stale though since I sorta did a little rearrangement of words with it with inspirations from various movie titles. And I spent like 5 minutes on the cover itself.



It's not exactly HD clear but I'm sure you can make out the words. If it doesn't, I think a magnifying glass would be a better aid?

No comments:

Post a Comment