You get this kinda messed up stuff when you sit for exams.
Not to generalize here, but why are these established educational institutes so gung-ho about rules? We pay friggin' $11,000 per semester to gain knowledge and life skills and whatnot, not an expanded bladder! I mean, when we can afford a fee like that, we're most probably kids from good backgrounds, right?
I'm in college now and this week was my first Semester exams before vacay! But before, we have to endure 'sub- zero' temperatures, literally and expanded bladders as our brain juice gets milked for each paper.
They put us in this hall, though nicely spaced out, and we have to sit on kiddie tables and chairs. Imagine if Yao Ming had to sit for my exam, he would have double the torture. Our table is so sickeningly tiny that my Chemistry Data Booklet is taking up half of it as I try to position the test paper in a good angle for me to draw out all the possible structural isomers of Butan-2-ol.
On to the part where the chief invigilator yells "Now, your toilet visits are only in the first half of your paper. The last half, you are to remain here." I think she should have just tried saying "...The last half, you are to let your bladders sufferrrrr" and then let out a loud cackle. At least, we wouldn't call her a bloody hypocrite. Trying to sound nice and all but really, that just infuriated me further.
Not only do they subject us to that nonsensical rule, we are not allowed to carry in transparent plastic bags to keep our stationeries! It gets worse and worse, I tell you. We bumble our way in to the hall, carrying our stationeries in our clenched fist, praying that none of them fall off and we have to bend over, pick it up and risk getting stampeded by the overenthusiastic students.
Educational institutes are getting nuttier with every year. Just sweet, isn't it?
With that nonsense, comes more nonsense. Like, "You're suppose to have your stationeries with you before you enter the hall! I want you to put your bags down and get to you seats!" and "No talking!" Okay, they might sound perfectly alright here but when you're in my position, they sound really stupid. Maybe the latter sounds decent. But the former??? Like WTF? We aren't allowed to bring our stationeries in TRANSPARENT plastic bags and we're supposed to be ready with them once we enter. And then, we aren't allowed to waste time by apparently lingering at the front of the hall while putting our bags down.
The rules aren't just the annoying thing.
I just discovered how the invigilators have achieved the apparently unachievable feat of manipulating time. Turns out, if you intend to make time go faster, then planned, you just have take the clock down, move the time forward or backward whichever you favor and voila!
Really, it's that insanely easy.
Plus, yesterday I just sat for PhD Physics at Cambridge 'A' Levels standard. I think it's either the lecturers are defunct or I may have signed up for the wrong course because I just couldn't understand a single question in the paper. Not that I couldn't comprehend the question, I mean I literally had to shelf out my general knowlegde to be able to at least write something and not leave any blanks which may deem me worse then the average retard. I had the answers to the questions, just not the right ones.
And with that, we're only given 1 hour for a 9 question subjective paper. Complete with mind-boggling calculations and all.
So yeah, I'll be darned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment